Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday night

It's 830pm on a long-weekend Saturday night and I am restless.
I've been alone all day and feeling unsure of what to do with myself.
The plan was to work all day so that I can relax and meet with friends tomorrow. But I got in around 2am last night after spending an entire day with dear friends who were visiting for the weekend.
I woke up at 1130am and some breakfast and netflixed for hours until I took a nap. Woke up around dinnertime to take a short bike ride with Mr. Z. before grocery shopping.
I'm now home and cleaning out the kitchen-- still feeling restless with myself.
This weekend,  Jay is out-of-town visiting family for Easter.
Many friends are out of town, and the ones here are heading to a restaurant/bar as we speak.

I have no desire to be out; but I'm not entirely productive or excited about staying-in.
I'd enjoy netflixing the rest of the night, but my guilt will consume because I have so much work that needs to be done.
If Jay were here, my entire attention span would be focused on him and it wouldn't be an option to feel restless.

Was life like this when I was single?

So far, I've called Jay 2x. Last night, while driving back at midnight; and this afternoon, when trying to set-up my bike rack on my car. Both times he's been busy-- sleeping and then watching a movie, respectively. It seems that whenever I want to hear his voice, he's not available.

Is this what long-distance will be like when he leaves in a few months? Texts here and there? Minimal phone conversations?

I need daily voice-interactions. At least weekly skype/videochat sessions. And some indication that I'm missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment