Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank you

I've always struggled with being honest... with myself.  Even in journal-writing, I have always imagined my future self flipping through the pages and judging me in my present.  What would she think? What would she say?  How would she see me?  Would she think I'm a loser? How do I make her feel proud?

So, for the past few months, I have been working hard to be honest with myself and with the reality of my situations.  I have strived to be brutally honest with myself and to be uncomfortably raw and vulnerable about my feelings and thoughts.  This process remains scary and difficult, and I continue to feel uncomfortable in my own skin, and to question (very frequently) the legitimacy of my own feelings and experiences.

I give thanks to all those who listen and who let me explore me. Thank you to my journal, to my blog, and to my therapist(s) for allowing me to do that.  Thank you for letting me talk, vent, express, and simply say out loud all the things I think of but don't dare utter aloud.  For me, the act of self-expression is cathartic, novel, and oh so empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment