Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pain

Sometimes, I don't have the words to express how I feel.  That's when I rely on music and lyrics to let myself sit and cry with someone else.  There is something very comforting about someone else singing about your feelings and your pain.  I feel less alone and I feel validated that someone in this universe can relate to extremities that I experience internally.

Here is a song called "Grenade" by Bruno Mars.  I listened to it towards the end of my relationship with B. and cried boatloads of tears, realizing that this was THE defining song of our relationship.  Here I was, giving up everything for him, sacrificing my own values, beliefs, my own world, my own social life, for him because he was my world!  Meanwhile, I was simply an object of convenience for him.  A good toy to play with while he was here, offering good entertainment for the time being until he could go somewhere better. Below is also what the artist, Bruno Mars, wrote about this song:

"Today, I get to share with you the visual companion piece to my new single, 'Grenade.' The song is about loving someone so deeply, and the pain of knowing that the person you love does not feel the same. The actions in this video serve as a metaphor, and should not be taken literally. I am aware of the power of visual media, and I encourage everyone who watches this video to understand that it is an artistic interpretation of the song, and not something to imitate." -- Bruno Mars







No comments:

Post a Comment