Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Thursday, February 27, 2014

When you stop waiting around...

There's a saying: "a watched pot never boils."

This idiom refers to time feeling longer when waiting for something to happen.

In my case, it's me staring at my phone. Waiting for a text. Waiting specifically for Jay to text. 

That is how I've spent the last 5 days and my days have felt eternally long-- in a bad way. Today, I decided no more of this waiting around! I'm a busy girl with busy things to do! So I've been re-focusing myself to get my work done. In fact, I just went to a meeting (without my phone) and when I returned, I see a text from you-know-who:

"Jay: I get to see you tomorrow!"

Relief. Swoon. Relief.

I prefer this kind of pendulum swing MUCH more.

No comments:

Post a Comment