Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Weekend Recap

I had the best Valentine's Day Weekend celebration ever!
Jay sent me a gorgeous bouquet of red roses the night before Valentine's day with a card that said:

"Sher, I hope you enjoy these roses. The first of many more to come! I'm so blessed to have you (and Mr. Z.) in my life. Will you be my valentine? -- Jay"

He told me it was an accident that the delivery came so early, as he planned for it to arrive on Valentine's day so that he could get here first and unwrap the flowers and have it in a vase and ready to hand to me, personally. If that's the not the sweetest plan ever, I don't know it is! At least, in my life, so far!

On the actual Valentine's Day (Friday), Jay got here just in time for me to whisk him away to dinner, where I wined & dined him over a 4 course meal. We sat on a beautiful balcony with twinkly nights and he said it was his first and only experience of being taken out and treated in such a special way. When we got home, I gave him a puzzle card, and in it, a riddle that I wrote:
"Riddle me this: you've lit up my life in H-ville, now it's my turn!"
He asked for another hint, to which I said: "our first date in H-ville," and immediately, he responded with "biking?" and he knew immediately that I had gotten him bicycle lights. He loved my gift! :)

On Saturday, Jay accompanied me to a cultural event and made my night. He did the same thing on Sunday morning, and I've since realized that I can be 100% myself when I'm with him.  Is this what it's like to find someone that complements you?

This Valentine's weekend, I felt like he was my shadow. I was no longer self-conscious or worried about having to entertain or host him. I felt comforted by his presence. I also felt comfortable being in my own skin... for the first time. 

In fact, late Saturday night, he worked on his bike in the living room while I baked doggy cookies for Mr. Z. and for Jay's brother's dog, Roscoe. We had the TV on in the background, we were both working in silence but contentedly with each other's company, and it was comfortable. We were in autonomous and doing our own thing, but we were also in synchrony.

This weekend was sooo great.

No comments:

Post a Comment