Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Friday, February 7, 2014

Giving me security

He still likes me!
He still wants me!

Such relief! It's like I can breathe again.

Jay is going out-of-town this weekend for a conference on Sunday. He is hosting a work event the day before, so we have no plans to see each other until next weekend.

... But then he texted to say he will drive in on Friday night and leave early Saturday morning.

Wow. A 5-hour round-trip drive just to see me? Moi?

Sometimes, Jay does not tell me things like "I miss you" or even "I can't wait to see you."
He'll say "me too!" But we all know that's different. Instead, his actions convey it.

His actions provide me with the much-needed security to know I haven't been chucked away or thrown to the curb.

He'd driving up to see me and he will attend my work event on Friday night. Just to spend time with me!


Wow.  He must really like me.

But why?! Nono, I'm not going to question this too much. I'm going to enjoy it and bask in this moment for as long as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment