Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Monday, April 9, 2012

Not over you

Every time I hear this song, I can't help but sing it out loud and then suddenly feel emotional afterwards. One time, I even waited to get out of the car until the song finished playing on the radio. Yup.

That's how much attention this song gets from me. This song reflects the feelings I've held onto because of Robert. Even after all these years, the lyrics in this song ring continue to ring true for me.



Not Over You (Gavin DeGraw)


Dreams, that's where I have to go
To see your beautiful face anymore

I stare at a picture of you, and listen to the radio
Hope, hope there's a conversation
Where we both admit we had it good

But until then it's alienation, I know
That much is understood and I realize

If you ask me how I'm doing
I would say I'm doing just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind
But I go out and I sit down at a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth,
No matter what I say I'm not over you



...


There's more lyrics to this song, but a lot of it is repeated.  


** I also HAVE to critique this video because watching it actually pissed me off. Why is it that in every shot, the girl is dressed so skimpily and positioned so that she seems like a total sex object? All those poses that she's doing -- how cliche are those?  Meanwhile, he looks like a bum in this video.  


Gotta love mainstream messages about how us ladies are supposed to look for our men, right? Dress sexy, lay around in almost no clothes, and then run after them.  Meanwhile, they get to wear their casual day-to-day clothes, feel comfortable, be themselves, and wait to be chased.  OK, I take back the being chased part. Only the last part is supposed to be a joke. I meant everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment