Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Doing it solo!


I’m heading to a concert in a few minutes. 

Just going to go see my favorite boy band in the world. Ever. That’s all.   

Unfortunately, this is a solo trip.  Yup, just me, myself, and I because I don’t know anyone who wanted to see this band, and because I bought these tickets so last-minute that I couldn’t even get tickets for 2 people to sit together.

Still, times like this make me wish I were back in my big city with tons of friends who would jump at the chance to go to a concert with me.

Still, I’m feeling excited but quite nervous as well. I’ve never been to a concert ALONE. Shouldn’t this kind of activity be group-oriented? And isn’t that a social event as opposed to a solitary event?

At the same time, I do feel kind of proud of myself for going alone. I often tell my single friends or even my friends in long-distance relationships that they should pursue what they want even if it’s alone.  I try to empower them to do things like eat at a restaurant alone if they can’t find anyone to go with. Watch a movie alone. Shop alone (which I often do, actually).

So it’s quite appropriate that I find myself going to a concert alone. If I didn’t, then I’d be all talk, wouldn’t I? It’s time that I walked the walk instead of just talk the talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment