Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mind-reading

Today, I caught myself falling-back into an old habit of mine.

A friend of mine sent me this link to a horoscope blog that basically captured all of her experiences this week.  It was so accurate that I couldn't help but look up my own horoscope to see what it said. So I did.

And then after I looked up myself, I looked up Robert's.





Goodness, I haven't done that in awhile.

For years after Robert and I broke up, I would look at Robert's horoscope whenever I happened to read my own. Without fail, I would always look him up, wondering how his day is going, his week, month, and even year. It gave me some glimpse into his life, no, scratch that.  I hoped it would give me some glimpse into his life, some understanding of what happened and where he is now.

I don't know what I was looking for then, and I don't know what I'm looking for now.  What could a horoscope possibly say? I can't even come up with a logical answer for that.

I suppose if I think about it long enough, I hoped for something like.... "Scorpio realized he missed on the love of his life 7 years ago and will pursue her in full force from here on out. He has an unbelievable explanation but it will be so legitimate and so understandable, that his loved one would certainly forgive him."  And then of course, Robert would show-up at my door soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment