Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Monday, October 10, 2011

What's worse than running into an ex?

I'm serious. Can you answer this question: what could be worse than running into an ex?

How about running into his best friend AND his ex-girlfriend's sister within the same hour?

By no means did I think it was possible for the world to be THIS small.  Last I heard, B.'s ex-girlfirend's sister was living in a different country.  And his bff isn't someone I've ever run into during my 6 years living in the city, hanging out downtown. The only good thing out of both situations is that we didn't have any interaction and I don't think either one of them even saw me.

Last night, I was at a coffee shop with a good friend, each with our laptops and our piles of work to complete.  While circling for a parking spot, who do I see-- but B.'s ex-girlfriend's sister.  The same girl who (I heard through the grape vine) tried to seduce him after his last relationship had ended.  In my book, this kind of stuff doesn't happen, so it's always seemed like a soap opera story they have.  And the more removed I am from this relationship, the more disgusted I also feel when I think about whatever sick dynamic he had with two sisters.  Obviously, I was in such denial I stayed with him.  I wouldn't put it past him that he flirted with her.  But I wouldn't put it past her that she would be someone trying to lure him.  Either way, all 3 of them are sick sick sick.

So finally, I found a parking spot.  Grabbed my stuff and headed into the coffee shop.  I wasn't even there for more than 20 minutes when I happened to look up and see B.'s best friend walk into the door.  I ducked my head and averted any and all eye contact possible.  My saving grace in both situations was that neither one of them saw me. Of course, neither one of them knows about how damaged I have felt by the relationship, so I don't think they would even care.  We'd probably have small meaningless chitchat and a whole lot of awkwardness surrounding us because of the big fat elephant we wouldn't be talking about...  But there's no way they could ever understand how sick I feel just seeing them.  Another example that turns my stomach upside-down is a memory of when B. had a party and his best friend hit  planted a big kiss on my... cheek.  That was not the target he was aiming for, I'm sure.  But I was disgusted that I was quick enough to turn my head when he leaned over.  I thought he wanted to tell me something amidst the loud music, but I'm pretty sure that his friend always had some sort of attraction to me. I don't think B. minded it.  In fact, I think he enjoyed it. The thought of both of them makes me sick.

So, that was my Sunday.  It kind of ruins my awesome Saturday night celebrating with friends.  But I did have a great them time, and I was so surprised to see so many friends show up.  I had a really great time and I only wish that the surprises of Sunday night could have been a little kinder to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment