Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Daily walks

Just changed my blog design!  I think I like it, but we'll have to see...

Later this afternoon, I'm going to take Mr. Z. on a walk with my pregnant best friend, Penny.  She's into her 12th week and her little baby has grown from the size of a peanut to a fig... and now a lime!

Thinking about the baby brings a smile to my face and reminds me of good, positive surprises that come our way. Remember when I cried and was upset about this significant change and what it would do to our friendship?  We actually hang out more now and spend more time together than before.

Here's a picture from last summer when I accidentally took a picture of myself with my phone.  I quite like this photo because it captures a cute skirt that I bought at a market in Taiwan. I use the same purse today because it's small and compact, and perfect for walks in the park.




The next few weeks will be busy for me but I will try to continue taking walks with Penny and her little baby.  And Mr. Z of course.  It is good self-care to get our bodies moving, to be healthy with a friend, and to catch-up with each other about our lives, our families, our feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment