Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Friday, October 7, 2011

Meeting Prince Charming

I've envisioned falling in love since I was a child. My earliest memory dates back to elementary school when I started having crushes and wondering about whether he (and there were so many potentials) would be my prince charming.

In junior high, my friends laughed thought I was naive and silly when I vowed that I would only date/sleep with/marry 1 guy and that it would only take 1 shot for me to meet my true love.  How serious I was, even at the age of 12.  I was so determined and so adamant.  I even made a "3 million dollar bet" at that time because I was so sure and confident in myself and in my prince charming.

---

Years later, the exhaustion is sinking in, and I'm feeling less optimistic-- perhaps in a healthy way.  I might have been too optimistic when I was younger.  With my last relationship getting me to such a low point, you might say that I'm swinging to the other extremity now and hopefully getting closer to the middle point.  At present, though, if you could see my soul, you would see that there's an old lady therehunched over from years of anticipating love, dating the wrong guys, and always hoping for the best with every single guy. This old, white-haired lady is emotionally drained and does not have the energy to look anymore.  It may be a good thing because she's too tired to fantasize changing a below-mediocre guy.  She doesn't have the faith or crazy motivation to improve losers so that they can just be prince charming.  At this point, she won't make or many sacrifices and she won't take on another project because she's had enough.  Should the right person come along and fit well into her life, then that would be fantastic.  If not, then she'll continue to move forward, even if it's at a snail's pace, because she's doing OK even if it's on her own.  For the first time ever, she's not taking concerned about Prince Charming or where he is at.  She's not fantasizing about him or what could be between them.  She's just taking things one step at a time, and enjoying the peace that she feels while she's at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment