Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Monday, March 24, 2014

Separation anxiety

Dogs have separation anxiety, children have separation anxiety, but adults?

I feel so hollow each time Jay leaves me my place.
That emptiness affects me so much so that I'm useless and non-functioning.
I generally go to sleep whenever he leaves, waking up anxiously and intermittently to check to see if he's texted me to let me know he has gotten home safely.

On days that Jay leaves, I'm always unsure of what to do with myself: I'm aimless, purposeless, and it's pathetic because I'm a professional with TONS to do.  But when Jay enters the picture (and leaves), it's like I never existed before him.

He left around 6:30pm last night and I climbed onto the couch to watch TV.
I fell asleep and woke up freezing, so I fumbled my way into the bedroom and went to bed... for the entire night.
For 12 hours!!!

That was how avoidant I was about his absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment