Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Being taken care of

I celebrated an entire day of festivities with my friends and Jay yesterday.  I've never partied with a boyfriend before. In fact, it's amazing not to date an alcoholic (ahem, B.). There was no need to worry about anyone engaging in self-destructive or other-destructive behaviors. In fact, I was able to let-down my guard to have a good time. I even let myself get a little tipsy and allowed him to take care of me!

Jay took care of me in so many ways that I felt warm and fuzzy:
  1. He let me wear his raincoat all day even though he must have been cold in his measly little windbreaker in almost-freezing temperature.
  2. He zipped me in-and-out of his raincoat whenever the temperature changed.
  3. We shared drinks and he held hold our beverage the whole time because my hands were cold and he was wearing gloves.
  4. He let me run around, jump up & down-- all the while watching from behind and being a secure base for me to return toward.
  5. He also got some great throws from the celebration and gave me all his goodies!
  6. Towards the end of the night, when we progressively drank more, he held onto me to make sure I wouldn't fall.
  7. He drove in from one hour away to party with us; and then drove home almost 18 hours later by his lonesome.
  8. He paid for dinner, as he always does.

It was so hard to say goodbye to Jay at the end of the night-- especially knowing he would be driving alone for the next hour while I had my group of friends for company. When we drove to drop him off at his car, I leaned over, kissed him, and told him those 3 little words again. He responded with "I love you too" before planting a kiss on my lips and then thanking my pals for the drop-off. When he climbed out of the car, I figured he'd give one final wave to me before walking off.  Instead, he leaned in for a goodbye kiss, after which he returned to say: "just one more kiss" before his lips claimed mine again. My heart fluttered and melted at the same time, and I metaphorically felt like putty in his hands.

As we headed back home, I fell asleep throughout the 1.5 hour drive back, feeling enveloped in love, affection, and being taken care of. I was so content, warm, and fuzzy, and I thought to myself, "I have the best boyfriend in the entire world." I can't believe I'll be meeting his parents this upcoming weekend and I'm so excited to see where he came from and the people who made him so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment