Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Friday, May 2, 2014

Half of a weekend together

Jay is coming this afternoon! ... And then he's leaving tomorrow afternoon!

I've been invited to a party this weekend and told him weeks ago so that he could join me to eat delicious food! Last night, he told me he forgot about a party he promised to attend that's back in his neck of the woods.  So, the plan is for him to stay until late Saturday afternoon so he can drive home to attend his shindig.

I was utterly disappointed hearing this.  I would never stop him from going to his event, but that means I'll only get half of a weekend with him.  Part of me wanted to ask why he would even bother coming because it seems like a lot of driving within a 24-hour period. The other part wasn't sure if I was asking out of insecurity, sarcasm, or sadness.  It was surely a combination of the 3. Still, this means we'll only have Saturday together, and Saturday is also completely booked, meaning I'll have NO time to spend with him on a 1-on-1 basis.

As it is, there are 4 social outings for Saturday: a fundraiser 5k with Mr. Z., a free yoga class with my friend Al, my friend Rac's house-warming party, and then the actual BBQ fiesta in the early afternoon. I feel tired thinking about all of these things, and especially knowing I'll have to say bye to Jay later that day.  There will be no time to do just me & him things this weekend. Goodbye bike, golf, sleeping-in, watching TV together, or cooking... together.

My disappointment makes me realize that I really look forward to having time and a life together with this guy. I want to do extroverted, social things with him and my friends together. But I equally treasure our 1-on-1 moments together.

Sigh. I already miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment