Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend bonding

Jay came over on Friday and we had an action-packed weekend doing so many new things together!

He arrived Friday night to meet me at my colleague's home to attend a work party. He met all of my coworkers, some of my students, and he did it after a 2.5 hour drive in the rain. Afterwards, we went home and called it an early night!

On Saturday morning, we woke up and lounged for a good part of the morning. I made a bacon and kale egg scramble and we watched TV together until we both got hungry for lunch. We went to one of our favorite buffet places and saw that the weather was so good despite earlier predictions of a 3-day rain-fest. So we went forward with our plans to play golf! The last time I played 18 holes of golf must have been years ago. In fact, I still don't have my full set of clubs so I was quite nervous about how poorly I'd perform in front of Jay. He plays golf pretty frequently with his colleagues and I did not want to be humiliated. In the end, it turned out we were both around the same level--- fortunately because I retained more muscle memory than I expected.  We spent 3 glorious hours riding around in our cart and playing quite decently, I'd say. I had beautiful drives and his short game was incredibly impressive, to say the least!

Following our golf outing, we went to eat ice cream (in a waffle cone of course) and went to some sports stores to window-shop at golf equipment. We ordered pizza and was passing the time before our pick-up. When we got home, we got comfortable on the couch and decided to stay-in for the night. But after about an hour of sitting on the couch, my hip was in such pain that I went to stretch out! Meanwhile, Jay laid on the couch reading his kindle and watching TV. It was cute to see him there. At some point, I gave up on trying to stay awake so I ended up falling asleep before being gently woken by Jay. The rest is history, of course :)

We woke up Sunday morning, having enjoyed sleeping-in. I watched TV for a bit while Jay made an eggs and bacon scramble. Afterwards, I did some grading while he finished the movie. Then, we went on our 1.5 hour excursion to go outlet shopping for workout clothes that I've been wanting. Given my love for organic food, he also remembered that a new grocery store had opened in the same city and volunteered for us to get food together. What?! Clothes shopping and grocery shopping together? That is definitely intimacy in a new fashion. When we got back home, we finished watching a movie and got to spend some time together before he headed back for his drive around 9pm.

I came straight to school to do my grading and now it's almost 230am! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment