Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Healthy coping?

In my quest to cope with internship anxieties, I have really been actively pursuing my fitness and diet.  2 entries ago, I wrote about having a super-productive morning and making delicious food.  That was actually only yesterday morning, and today, I decided to make the same thing since my other pork chop was just sitting in the fridge!

I took pictures of my dish and present it below.  It's simple, fast, easy, and wonderful for Paleo eaters as well as anyone who simply likes meats and veggies together.  I also LOVE heavy breakfasts that fill-me-up, but anyone wanting to try this can eat this at any time: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacktime, even!

Anyways, here it is: my yummy porkchop salad! (My apologies in advance for being a poor picture-taker.  This is why I'm not a food blogger and why I rarely post pictures)


I made this dish in less than 15 minutes.  First, I marinated my porkchop in Worcestershire sauce and let it hang out while I chopped up some red cabbage and tomatoesI had boiled some asparagus in hot water (for 4 minutes) yesterday and took it out of the fridge to add some color onto the dish.  Once my veggies were prepared, I grilled up my porkchop and ta-da! There you have it!



Because my porkchop wasn't marinated long enough, I decided to add some sauce to my veggies to give it some flavor.  I poured on some paleo mayo that I made a few days ago, and I am serious when I say that I can eat this day every. single. day.

My paleo mayo was an experimentation based on a recipe I read in another blog.  But because it turned out too salty, I also blended in some coconut milk and threw in a few slices of oranges to give it a sweeter tang and a saucy texture.  In total, I blended all of these ingredients to make this sauce: raw eggs, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, and then my own spin using coconut milk and some orange slices.

Delicious, I tell you! And beautiful to look at too, since I'm striving to eat a rainbow everyday to get all my colorful veggies and nutrients!

No comments:

Post a Comment