Enchanted forest

Enchanted forest
Fall decoration @ Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010

Friday, January 27, 2012

Emotionally eating

I am an emotional eater.  I realized this last night after stuffing my face.  Considering I joined a bootcamp workout, you would think I'd curtail bad eating habits and try to start fresh.  Instead, I went into self-sabotage mode and ate a peanut-butter chocolate cupcake, 15 pieces of chips (baked is better I suppose), broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots dipped in homemade salsa and hummus, and then some cereal. I also had a cup of blueberries and blackberries.

For some reason, even after eating all these supposedly nutritious foods--- no longer nutritious because of their quantity in my stomach -- I felt unfulfilled.  Scratch that, I felt hungry. Or maybe even empty.  I craved crunchiness, so I had gone for the chips.  Then I needed sweetness to balance out the salty, so I went for the fruits.  Afterwards, I wanted some healthy, so I thought to compensate by going for the fruits.  No matter what I ate, however, it just didn't seem enough.  In between all of the different things I was eating, I was also drinking copious amounts of water-- an attempt to keep myself hydrated after such an intense work out during the day.

This is not my first attempt to try and be healthy.  I have already been on a month-long "portion control" plan, trying to decrease my quantity of food.  But I feel disappointed by the results and so, I went into sabotage mode.  Not consciously, probably. But my mood certainly set the stage for eating like it was my last day on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment